Taunton Teaching Alliance plans to lead a brand new Teacher Subject Specialism Training in Modern Foreign Languages (starting in September 2019) and is now seeking EOIs from schools and teachers wishing to take part.
Funded by the DfE, there is no direct cost to a school or individual if the participant eligibility criteria are met:
MFL TSST Eligibility:
- Specialist MFL teachers who have capacity to teach a second language.
- Non-specialist teachers currently teaching MFL, or who could potentially teach MFL.
- Overseas trained teachers.
- Teachers looking to return to the profession, or MFL teachers not currently teaching MFL.
- Primary teachers wishing to convert to secondary MFL.
Aims of the MFL TSST course:
- To enhance subject and / or pedagogical knowledge of French / Spanish.
- To develop confidence in teaching French / Spanish at KS3 and KS4.
- To provide a range of techniques and resources to deliver engaging lessons.
- To build capacity in schools to deliver French / Spanish.
Benefits of MFL TSST at Taunton Teaching Alliance:
- Face to face training delivered by experienced MFL teachers.
- Opportunities to observe lessons and put teaching skills into practice.
- The course is designed to fit around an existing teaching schedule.
- 1 year Rosetta Stone subscription.
- Up to date and innovative pedagogy, along with practical teaching strategies and resources.
The MFL TSST course will start in September 2019.
Please click here to download the MFL TSST flyer.
To express an interest in the MFL TSST course, please contact the Taunton Teaching Alliance Deputy Director, Mike Wood.
Tel: 01823 428918
Please click here to go to the TSST page on the Taunton Teaching Alliance website.